Sunday, March 30, 2008

So, how was my big outing in NYC with the Mr.?

Well, it wasn't. It didn't happen. A big no-go. Right now you are probably saying..."WHAT! this is the second time in a row that your NYC trip was a bust" and you can bet I said the same thing. So, to refresh your memory my last trip to NYC (only 3 weeks ago) was without our little man and was supposed to be a romantic getaway. Well, the Mr. got the flu and we were hotel bound the entire time. When we got back, a week later I got Sinusitis and Bronchitis. Good times. Then my husband starts coughing again. I try to get him to the Dr. but he protests like I'm insane for suggesting it. Well, he comes home from work this past Friday and can't speak. His throat was a mess. Mind you his parents were driving here to CT from Cape Cod to take care of our little man while we were supposed to go out on the town Saturday night. Suffice to say, I took him to the Dr. saturday am and he had...wait for it...no, really, waaaiiiittt for it...Strep Throat and Bronchitis. Excellent. He came home and went right to sleep. He's been asleep all weekend and I've been with the little man. My in-laws left Saturday after we got home from the Dr's. It was a good thing, I would have felt awful if one of them got sick. Anyway, that was my weekend. Huge bummer. At least the Mr. is on the meds and on the mend:) That's the most important thing.

Switching subjects here...I've been up pretty late tonight making jewelry for next Tue. I just found out this weekend I may have another show here in Darien in May! Good Stuff!

Ladybug's Picnic...I will be sure to update you on the Trunk show in MA. I find out the final info tomorrow. It is in Weston on Boston Post Road, next Tue. Still awaiting the time. Please feel free to stop by if you like, I'd love it! More to come...

6 comments:

hqm said...

That is a bummer...hope your husband feels better soon!
At least you got to get some work done!

Andy said...

Just found your blog. I'd LOVE to see one of your shows some time. We're almost neighbors.

Beth said...

Thanks for your comment Andie! I will post more info in my MA show soon...like tonight maybe:) Also, I'm currently living in CT and I think you are in MA right? If so, I'm assuming you are fellow Sox fans:) Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

The Mrs. said...

OMG!!!!!@#$%^&* I cannot believe it happened again! You tell that husband to stay on the vitamin C!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

SO sorry! Wow, not fun at all. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. You will have more opportunities to get to the city and when you finally go, it will be amazing. Plus, the weather is getting better! Good luck with all your jewelry/shows! :)

hot potato said...

that's too bad--murphy's law at work.

sounds like you got stuff done though regarding your beautiful jewelry. good luck with everything.

ps. i hope the hubby is doing better.