Sunday, February 4, 2007

Hurts so good

I sware sometimes it feels as if my heart is going to explode right out of my chest. It's pretty amazing the physical effects love has on your body. The fact of the matter is that there is no question my love for Hunter seems to grow exponentially by the day. I'm not quite sure my body can handle how much I'm going to adore him in 5 years even...I better prepare myself somehow or else I'm in trouble. Seeing my husband being such an amazing father to his son is probably the biggest joy he's given me yet...besides my son of course. I was watching Hunter play with my parents today and I could barely stand it. He loves them to death and it's quite obvious that they mirror his affection. I love watching my parents interact with him, maybe because it reminds me of my childhood and how much they've loved and continue to love me. This got me thinking that you never truly understand how much your parents love you until you have your own. And then bam. You get it. You get all of the sacrifices, the advice, the worrying, the listening, the lessons and the love that they've given you through the years. And all of this given unconditionally and at any time. I've always known how much my parents loved me, always, but I've never understood the depths of how much a parent could love a child. I do now though. One of the most wonderful things about parenthood for me is that it's been the most unselfish part of my life yet. It feels great. My day is not about me anymore. It's not about getting to work on time, buying that outfit of the week, getting my weekly pedicure...it's all about making sure I'm loving my family well. Because at the end of the day, really, what else matters? Not much. Not much at all.

No comments: