Monday, February 19, 2007

The storm before the calm

It's nuts here at our household. Anarchy. Nelson and I are going away for our first holiday sans child and I'm in full preparation mode. I've been prepping for a week (at least). As my WGW girlfriends know I'm an obsessive packer and I'm in the midst of it right now. I'm packing for Hunter who will stay with my parents, I've packed him a bag of clothes, diapers, wipes and other "stuff", then I have a bag of food for him as well. I'm also packing my bag which is the nightmare because it takes me so long to pack and I'm quite particular about it. I love to pack to the nines. That means...ironed everything. I'm talking everything. And then wrapped in tissue (if necessary) and placed in plastic bags. I know, I know a little much but my trip will be that much better with a fantastically packed bag with lots of ironed outfits to choose from and toiletries galore. Anyway, I'm almost finished cleaning the house and about an hours work away from having my holiday bag complete! Can't wait to hit the beach with the husband in a few days...bring on the boat drinks!

No comments: